Applicants must meet the following requirements to qualify for DACA:
• Be under 31 years of age on June 15, 2012;
• Have first come to the US prior to their 16th birthdays;
• Have lived in the US since June 15, 2007;
• Be physically present in the US on June 15, 2012 and on the date of the application
• Not be in lawful immigration status on June 15, 2012;
• Be currently studying or have graduated from high school, earned a GED or have an honorable discharge from the US Armed Forces or the Coast Guard; and
• Have not been convicted of a felony or DUI, or convicted of a “significant misdemeanor” or 3 or more misdemeanors of any kind.
After the former administration continued to curtail the program after an unsuccessful attempt to abolish DACA, USCIS will now again accept new DACA applications, renew DACA protection, and grant work permits and Advance Parole travel permits to eligible DACA recipients.